Reader is Fast & Minimalist PDF viewer with powerful controls.
This is the full version of Reader, which includes basic annotations including highlighting and writing yellow notes.
Speedy & Interactive
• ‘ESC’ to go in and out of full screen
• Highlight. Select and ‘h’ to highlight
• View Highlighted Text. ‘h’ without highlighted text to see all the highlights
Augmented PDF’s from Author
• Reader will display any valid PDF documents but is optimised for viewing PDF documents which have Visual-Meta attached.
→ Visual-Meta Interactions:
A document with Visual-Meta can be folded into a table of contents with cmd-
Copy as Citation.
Copy text from the PDF in Reader and go to our writing application Author and paste. Since Author understands that this is a citation, when you export you will have the citation automatically appended to the Reference section, saving you a lot of time
Right and left arrow for next and previous page and down and up arrow for next and previous level 1 heading (section)
View Highlighted Text in context.
‘h’ will also show headings so you know where the highlighted text is
More Useful Find.
Select text and cmd-f to see only the lines in the document with the selected text (plus headings so you know where the text is) and if there is a glossary term created for the document, it will automatically appear at the top of the screen
Click on a Citation to see Reference Information.
If the PDF has Visual-Meta applied when creating the document in Author, you can also click on citations in the document to get a pop-up with the Reference information and Endnotes to get the notes
Minimalist design with powerful tools for reading, particularly academic documents
• Select text and cmd-F to see only the sentences in the document with the selected text
• Selet text and ‘H’ for yellow highlight
• Select text and cmd-shift-h for grey highlight
• ‘h’ without selecting text to see all highlights
• Select text and ‘X’ to strikethrough with red line. '
• ESC to go in and out of fullscreen
• Single page in regular view, two pages in full screen view
• Spacebar for page down (arrow keys can also be used)
• White background in full-screen view since documents are usually white and therefore provides a clean reading space without a harsh black border
• Integrated with the Author word processor to provide instant citations through simply copying and pasting text using the Visual-Meta method as shown in the last screenshot and as described athttp://visual-meta.info
text to see all highlighted text
’n’ to see any Names in the document
• cmd-shift-c to copy as citation
• Integrated with Liquid to provide hundreds of commands in less than one second on any selected text
• If document has Visual-Meta from the Author word processor
cmd- to collapse the document into an outline if the document has headings
Unified password for opening DMG and zip on this site:
Regarding the activation method, most articles have made different activation
instructions for different
However, in the end, the actual situation in the dmg package shall prevail. If there is only a
single .app or